This activity has been designed for medical oncologists and pathologists. It will also be of benefit to interventional radiologists, pulmonologists, surgical oncologists, thoracic surgeons, and other healthcare providers involved in the management of non-small cell lung cancer, including oncology nurses, nurse practitioners (NPs), PAs.
Developed in collaboration with a steering committee of 2-co-chairs, the educational design of this 1.0-hour, CME-certified, on-demand web activity will incorporate an interactive homepage, presented with infographic-style icons, allowing learners to navigate the activity sections in a fluid and non-linear way based on their personal learning preferences. Key features and multimedia format will include:
- Responsive UI, can be viewed on any computing device including mobile phones and tablets
- Multiple interactive tools including slider bars, clickable data visualizations, interactive maps, rollovers, etc.
- Robust text-based segments to provide targeted didactic information on key data and concepts
- Multiple case studies (slides, photos, and audio)
- Embedded audio clips of faculty commentary and discussions
- Various 2D and higher definition 3D animations to visually depict disease progression and mechanism of action
- Learner polling questions interspersed throughout the activity’s sections to engage learners and facilitate application of the clinical concepts presented. Peer responses to the embedded interactive questions will be shown in real time, enabling learners to reflect on their choices and compare them with those of their colleagues
- Information on, and helpful links to, clinician and patient resources regarding NSCLC, incorporated as part of the educational presentation, and also available to learners in a “Resources” section of the web activity
- Downloadable reference list, determined by the expert faculty, to assist learners in further investigating new concepts (hyperlinks included, as appropriate)